How to add Sequence generator in informatica mapping. Last time, we started with introduction of sequence generator transformation in informatica. We discussed about use of sequence generator transformation in informatica. We also discussed about the available ports in informatica and their purpose. In other informatica tutorial, we discussed about Sequence Generator Transformation properties in informatica. Here we will discussed how to add Sequence generator in an informatica mapping?
Check here for Sequence generator transformation in informatica mapping
Steps to add Sequence generator in informatica mapping
To use a Sequence Generator transformation in a mapping, add it to the mapping, configure the transformation properties, and then connect NEXTVAL or CURRVAL to one or more transformations.
To create a Sequence Generator transformation:
1. In the Mapping Designer, click Transformation > Create. Select the Sequence Generator transformation.
The naming convention for Sequence Generator transformations is SEQ_TransformationName.
2. Enter a name for the Sequence Generator, and click Create. Click Done.
The Designer creates the Sequence Generator transformation.
3. Double-click the title bar of the transformation.
4. Enter a description for the transformation.
5. Select the Properties tab. Enter settings.
For a list of transformation properties, see “Transformation Properties”
You cannot override the Sequence Generator transformation properties at the session level. This protects the integrity of the sequence values generated.
6. Click OK.
7. To generate new sequences during a session, connect the NEXTVAL port to at least one transformation in the mapping.
Use the NEXTVAL or CURRVAL ports in an expression in other transformations.
8. Validate Mapping
9. Repository -> Save
- Create Session and then workflow.
- Give connection information for all tables.
- Run workflow and see the result in table.
Check here for Steps to joiner transformation in informatica mapping
So in this article, we have gone through the steps to add Sequence generator in informatica mapping.