Informatica PowerCenter Client : Earlier while discussing Informatica Architecture and components , we came to know one important component i.e. Informatica PowerCenter Client . Powercenter Client is window Application installed on Developer PC. PowerCenter Client consists of applications that developers use to design mappings, mapplets, create sessions and workflows to load the data, and monitor workflow progress . In this article we will go through the more details on Informarica Powercenter Client .
Various Component of Informarica Powercenter Client
Informatica PowerCenter Client can be classified into below component based int their feature.
A. PowerCenter Designer
We use PowerCenter Designer to create mappings that contain transformation instructions for the Integration Service.The Designer has the following tools that you use to analyze sources, design target Schemas, and build source-to-target mappings:
Source Analyzer: Import or create source definitions.
Target Designer: Import or create target definitions.
Transformation Developer: Develop transformations to use in mappings.
You can also develop user-defined functions to use in expressions.
Mapplet Designer: Create sets of transformations to use in mappings.
Mapping Designer: Create mappings that the Integration Service uses to Extract, transform, and load data.
B. Mapping Architect for Visio
Use the Mapping Architect for Visio to create mapping templates that can be
used to generate multiple mappings. Mostly developer is unaware of this Functionality .
C. PowerCenter Repository Manager
Use the Repository Manager to assign permissions to users and groups and manage folders.
We can view the following objects in the Navigator window of the Repository Manager:
- Source definitions: Definitions of database objects (tables, views, synonyms) or Files that provide source data.
- Target definitions: Definitions of database objects or files that contain the target data.
- Mappings: A set of source and target definitions along with transformations containing business logic that you build into the transformation. These are the instructions that the Integration Service uses to transform and move data.
- Reusable transformations: Transformations that we use in multiple mappings.
- Mapplets: A set of transformations that you use in multiple mappings.
- Sessions and workflows: Sessions and workflows store information about how and When the Integration Service moves data. A workflow is a set of instructions that Describes how and when to run tasks related to extracting, transforming, and loading Data. A session is a type of task that you can put in a workflow. Each session Corresponds to a single mapping
D. PowerCenter Workflow Manager
Use the Workflow Manager to create, schedule, and run workflows. A workflow is a set of instructions that describes how and when to run tasks related to extracting, transforming, and loading data.
E. PowerCenter Workflow Monitor
Use the Workflow Monitor to monitor scheduled and running workflows for each Integration Service. We can view details about a workflow or task in Gantt chart view or Task view .We can also see history of previous runs. We can run, stop, abort, and resume workflows from the Workflow Monitor. We can view Sessions and workflow log events in the Workflow Monitor Log Viewer.
The Workflow Monitor displays workflows that have run at least once. The Workflow Monitor continuously receives information from the Integration Service and Repository Service. It also fetches information from the repository to display historic Information.
In summary , We discussed about the various component of Informatica Powercenter Client along with their purpose